Skip to main content

Shingling Method on Bangs

Instead of doing my normal wash and go routine, I decided to spice it up by doing a different part in the front and using the shingling method on my bangs.

OH MY GOODNESS I DON'T THINK I'LL EVER LOOK BACK.
shingling method on curly hair @nattycurls
shingling method on curly hair @nattycurls


Usually I'll try to finger coil (see my previous finger coiling method here) random pieces through-out my whole head, most focusing on the front, but it make the curls shorter than the rest and you definitely notice the difference. With the shingling method, my curls were separated but more natural to my curl pattern.

HOW DO YOU SHINGLE?

  1. Make sure your hair is soaked with water
  2. Saturate hair in leave-in conditioner and apply an oil/butter to seal in moisture
  3. Apply a gel for extra hold 
  4. Take small pieces of your hair and smooth root to tip with your thumb and index finger & repeat until you've shingled to your desire (either just your bangs, frizzy parts of your hair, or whole head!)
  5. For extra shine and hold, use a diffuser to set curls, or simply leave as a wash and go



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Outlook — Curls, Skincare and Wellness

I thought I'd create a post since reviving my blog (instead of the very old 2015 post I had chilling as my "featured post" lol. So here I am, creating a post to get the ball going and hopefully get some accountability going! For the last year I stuck to journaling and keeping most of my thoughts to myself (or with close family and friends), however I really wanted to take the leap of getting back into blogging and vlogging! I'm super excited and hope you'll rock with me. Here's the content lineup: Curly Hair (because of course, it's consumed my life for the last 7 years 🤫) Skincare (because a girl still has dry skin and acne, and I doubt that will go anywhere 😂) Wellness (because I've always been the "athletic girl" and overall health is SO IMPORTANT) If you're here for all of that, then stick around and stay posted for more :)

Dear Vitamins, PLEASE HELP MY ACNE

Okay okay, so I took one of my many strolls into Shoppers Drugmart because, it's like my favourite store. Only because I could totally spend like a gajillion minutes reading labels. I could spend my WHOLE lunch hour in these aisles: Makeup, Lotions/Creams & Vitamins. Before going on my vitamin escapade, I read up on some sites and blogs regarding vitamins that were beneficial for battling acne. In my previous post, I tried to lookup Vitamins to Heal Acne  but only got so far as Vitamin A and Omega 3. Vitamin A I see everywhere and is pretty much the "go to" vitamin for face creams other than Vitamin E and Vitamin C. However I have read to be weary on going over the recommended dosage for Vitamin A and it totally made this girl's butt bleed . I haven't gone to a Dermatologist yet although I plan to, however it seems like Vitamin A cream is what's being prescribed. I'm trying to go for more of a holistic approach like XOJane  instead of medications. 

Cloré Haul: Marley Hair, SheaMoisture & More

Went to Cloré to gather some hair products, since you know, that's practically the only store in Toronto that caters to ethnic hair. Needed some weavage, a Cowash, and moisturizers for both my transitioning mother and I. It's always nice to educate someone on taking care of their natural/transitioning hair and letting them know it's not that bad or hard once you get the hang of it!