Skip to main content

How to Create a Line Break in your Instagram Caption

edit caption for picture in instagram


**see updated post here**

This has been frustrating me like no other situation! I create a nice, long caption in Instagram, WITH line breaks, and then everything gets smooshed together once posted. I used the edit feature in Instagram to "repair" my caption and re-add the spaces based off apparent solutions I google'd:

What did NOT work:


What DID work:

REMOVE YOUR PUNCTUATION AT THE END OF EACH PARAGRAPH BEFORE THE LINE BREAK 
Other posts I read swore by this as the holy grail approach and I tried it and failed again. So what many DID NOT mention was the fact that - 
**You have to make sure you have NO SPACES after each paragraph upon removing the punctuation (or else it won't work) 
It finally worked and now I'm grateful to have this tip for all my captions. Not having to use other apps to create a caption with line breaks in Instagram is such a pain. This, was an easy answer for me :) Hope it helps you too, especially the bloggers out there and let me know what other tips you have or questions you need answers to! 

**if this tutorial didn't work for you, it's probably because of the Instagram update... check out my new post here**



For a pictorial, see below:


Step 1: Edit Caption

remove punctuation in instagram caption for line breaks
Step 2: Remove punctuation

add line breaks in instagram caption
Step 3: Add line breaks (spaces)

spaces in instagram caption
Step 4: Reap success




Comments

  1. Hi Natasha! Thank you so much for this. I was going insane trying to figure this out. You are the only one who clearly defines how to do this. Thank You! PS: I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, hope it makes your posts better :) & thank-you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Outlook — Curls, Skincare and Wellness

I thought I'd create a post since reviving my blog (instead of the very old 2015 post I had chilling as my "featured post" lol. So here I am, creating a post to get the ball going and hopefully get some accountability going! For the last year I stuck to journaling and keeping most of my thoughts to myself (or with close family and friends), however I really wanted to take the leap of getting back into blogging and vlogging! I'm super excited and hope you'll rock with me. Here's the content lineup: Curly Hair (because of course, it's consumed my life for the last 7 years 🤫) Skincare (because a girl still has dry skin and acne, and I doubt that will go anywhere 😂) Wellness (because I've always been the "athletic girl" and overall health is SO IMPORTANT) If you're here for all of that, then stick around and stay posted for more :)

Review: Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm

Great colour, matte, but doesn't stay.

Gym Routine in a Corporate World

Since I've entered the "corporate world" it's been pretty hard to stay active. Going from retail to a 9-5 really gets you! I got "fat" and now I'm trying to get back... Ok, I'm not fat. But I definitely gained some more of it! I thought my birth control made me fat, and maybe it added to the weight gain, but I can't blame it all on it. When working retail I was always on my feet, moving around, lifting boxes, etc etc. Now, I sit down 80% of the day so if I'm not getting a workout during work, I need to get up and do something. I used to sit around in the lunchroom, watch TV, but I made a pact with myself (lol) to go to the gym each day on lunch! I wasn't sure if I could pull it off, but I've been consistent since and I plan on continuing! Check out my fitness body composition where I started off before going daily!