Skip to main content

Manetabolism Update: BComplex Vitamin Addition

Whenever someone takes a hair supplement or a heavy concentration of Biotin, it usually results in breaking out. I for one, have experienced that same issue with multiple pills and I found a new vitamin to try to help: B Complex. 


So as I've been documenting my #Manetabolism journey on my IG page, I've mentioned that I experienced some breakouts. I even made sure to start drinking the recommended minimum of 8 glasses of water a day! My face is already acne prone, in the sense I get a couple pimples here and there, usually on my cheek and nose, but I've consistently had pimples on my RIGHT cheek. Why the right cheek? I have no idea but I am certain it's the hair vitamins. Why I came to that conclusion is because I initially thought it was my new birth control pills, but the pimples stayed the same. I even tried a new regime of targeting the acne with Coconut Oil & Tea Tree Oil (read both are excellent for Anti bacterial properties) and it seemed to help when massaging in before bed. The pimples were less red and didn't hurt as much so I'll keep that regime in my back pocket. However the pimples didn't go down significantly until I decided to stop taking the Manetabolism all together.

However, 2 weeks later, a girl commented on one of my hair growth comparison IG pics and gave me the scoop that B Complex vitamins are a great aid to Biotin. Now I've heard of B Complex before because this other girl I know took them to lose weight. I don't know if it was the vitamins alone that helped her or that she boosted her healthy eating and workouts as well, but the bottle does claim these vitamins break down carbs & fat to turn it into energy which doesn't seem like a bad deal! Looking more into the B Complex, it contains 5 B-vitamins that are commonly found in a lot of the healthy food we SHOULD be eating (like eggs, spinach, etc) but may not get enough of. 

Vitafusion B Complex Gummies


Now if I wasn't taking ENOUGH pills already! I feel like an old woman with my pill box lol. But living in North America, we don't get the same fresh produce, meat & poultry like the warmer places do. Thus, we stack up on supplements! So I am already taking Omega-3 Fatty Acids (3/day.. Hair & skin), my Birth Control (personal reasons) and Manetabolism (hair). So with the addition of B Complex I was like "yet another horse pill I have to swallow, yay". One of the biggest reasons people don't take their vitamins is because they're hard to swallow. But the B Complex recommended to me, IS A GUMMIE. The girl promised I wouldn't forget to take it each day and she wasn't lying! They taste like candy so it'll be an easy addition to my regime. 150 gummies, once daily and only $15 at Walmart. Doesn't get better :) Hope these bad boys help a curly girl out. 

Here's a pic of my supplements:
manetabolism omega-3 fish oils b complex gummies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Outlook — Curls, Skincare and Wellness

I thought I'd create a post since reviving my blog (instead of the very old 2015 post I had chilling as my "featured post" lol. So here I am, creating a post to get the ball going and hopefully get some accountability going! For the last year I stuck to journaling and keeping most of my thoughts to myself (or with close family and friends), however I really wanted to take the leap of getting back into blogging and vlogging! I'm super excited and hope you'll rock with me. Here's the content lineup: Curly Hair (because of course, it's consumed my life for the last 7 years 🤫) Skincare (because a girl still has dry skin and acne, and I doubt that will go anywhere 😂) Wellness (because I've always been the "athletic girl" and overall health is SO IMPORTANT) If you're here for all of that, then stick around and stay posted for more :)

Review: Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm

Great colour, matte, but doesn't stay.

Gym Routine in a Corporate World

Since I've entered the "corporate world" it's been pretty hard to stay active. Going from retail to a 9-5 really gets you! I got "fat" and now I'm trying to get back... Ok, I'm not fat. But I definitely gained some more of it! I thought my birth control made me fat, and maybe it added to the weight gain, but I can't blame it all on it. When working retail I was always on my feet, moving around, lifting boxes, etc etc. Now, I sit down 80% of the day so if I'm not getting a workout during work, I need to get up and do something. I used to sit around in the lunchroom, watch TV, but I made a pact with myself (lol) to go to the gym each day on lunch! I wasn't sure if I could pull it off, but I've been consistent since and I plan on continuing! Check out my fitness body composition where I started off before going daily!