Skip to main content

Review: Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm

revlon colorburst matte balm review
Great colour, matte, but doesn't stay.

I went roaming around Shoppers Drugmart like I often do and stumbled upon these Revlon Matte Balms. I'm a sucker for easy makeup and anything long-lasting... I know, a hard combo: good & cheap! I don't necessarily want to invest in products that I'm not going to use 24/7 so buying expensive makeup like MAC isn't for me. However I like finding long-lasting products since I'm also not the type to re-apply during the day. I did a bunch of swatches with some colours I just loved! Darker colours like browns and deep reds work well for me. Looks nice with my complexion and also makes my medium lips look a lot fuller. I was excited with my swatches but I always do my 

smudge test: after applying, wait a minute or so (give the makeup a chance to set) and attempt to wipe off the makeup. 

Unfortunately they didn't survive, so these balms didn't get my vote :( 
Revlon smudge test review

Too bad since they were really nice colours and felt über creamy. For now, I'll stick with my trusty Maybelline Super Stay 24 Colour as my go-to!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Outlook — Curls, Skincare and Wellness

I thought I'd create a post since reviving my blog (instead of the very old 2015 post I had chilling as my "featured post" lol. So here I am, creating a post to get the ball going and hopefully get some accountability going! For the last year I stuck to journaling and keeping most of my thoughts to myself (or with close family and friends), however I really wanted to take the leap of getting back into blogging and vlogging! I'm super excited and hope you'll rock with me. Here's the content lineup: Curly Hair (because of course, it's consumed my life for the last 7 years 🤫) Skincare (because a girl still has dry skin and acne, and I doubt that will go anywhere 😂) Wellness (because I've always been the "athletic girl" and overall health is SO IMPORTANT) If you're here for all of that, then stick around and stay posted for more :)

Gym Routine in a Corporate World

Since I've entered the "corporate world" it's been pretty hard to stay active. Going from retail to a 9-5 really gets you! I got "fat" and now I'm trying to get back... Ok, I'm not fat. But I definitely gained some more of it! I thought my birth control made me fat, and maybe it added to the weight gain, but I can't blame it all on it. When working retail I was always on my feet, moving around, lifting boxes, etc etc. Now, I sit down 80% of the day so if I'm not getting a workout during work, I need to get up and do something. I used to sit around in the lunchroom, watch TV, but I made a pact with myself (lol) to go to the gym each day on lunch! I wasn't sure if I could pull it off, but I've been consistent since and I plan on continuing! Check out my fitness body composition where I started off before going daily!