Skip to main content

Hair Refresh Morning Routine on Short Natural Hair

A quick and easy 5 step process that takes you little to no time in the morning to refresh your curls :)

natural hair morning refresh curls

Watch this SUPER SHORT short vid below on how I refresh to get my curls to shine again!


Steps:
1. Rustle up hair to get it out of that "flat" stage
2. Spritz hair with water (I put a little Glycerin in my bottle to preserve the water from being stale.. Also works as a humectant!)
3. Massage an oil into your scalp for stimulation of hair growth (personally I believe Castor Oil is the best oil for your scalp)
4. Put a hair lotion/milk all throughout your hair for moisture (I love SheaMoisture products so I always use their Curl & Hibiscus Hair Milk. Smells great and keeps hair really moisturized)
5. Seal hair and ends with any oil of your choice (I flip between Moroccan Oil and Coconut Oil)



So this morning I decided to make a quick video on how I refresh my curls in the morning! It takes me about 2mins but I filmed on Time-Lapse so it's pretty short. Just look at what I start with in the morning:


A flat head in the back, and flat sides. This is a 3 day wash and go but there is NO BIG HAIR when I wake up in the morning.

You can always then add some gel (like EcoStyler) for your edges and accessorize with a headband to finish. This has been my routine since I heard about the LOC/LCO method and has worked ever since. Hope it can work for you too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Outlook — Curls, Skincare and Wellness

I thought I'd create a post since reviving my blog (instead of the very old 2015 post I had chilling as my "featured post" lol. So here I am, creating a post to get the ball going and hopefully get some accountability going! For the last year I stuck to journaling and keeping most of my thoughts to myself (or with close family and friends), however I really wanted to take the leap of getting back into blogging and vlogging! I'm super excited and hope you'll rock with me. Here's the content lineup: Curly Hair (because of course, it's consumed my life for the last 7 years 🤫) Skincare (because a girl still has dry skin and acne, and I doubt that will go anywhere 😂) Wellness (because I've always been the "athletic girl" and overall health is SO IMPORTANT) If you're here for all of that, then stick around and stay posted for more :)

Review: Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm

Great colour, matte, but doesn't stay.

Gym Routine in a Corporate World

Since I've entered the "corporate world" it's been pretty hard to stay active. Going from retail to a 9-5 really gets you! I got "fat" and now I'm trying to get back... Ok, I'm not fat. But I definitely gained some more of it! I thought my birth control made me fat, and maybe it added to the weight gain, but I can't blame it all on it. When working retail I was always on my feet, moving around, lifting boxes, etc etc. Now, I sit down 80% of the day so if I'm not getting a workout during work, I need to get up and do something. I used to sit around in the lunchroom, watch TV, but I made a pact with myself (lol) to go to the gym each day on lunch! I wasn't sure if I could pull it off, but I've been consistent since and I plan on continuing! Check out my fitness body composition where I started off before going daily!