Skip to main content

New Beginning

HIYA!!

Recap

Okay so I'm back into the blog world. Back in late 2009 I decided to chop off all my hair. I guess I was bored? My hair was dry, damaged, and blah. I was inspired by one of Rihanna's GORGEOUS looks ('Take A Bow' vid) and yea... If you would like a recap of my measly 6 posts on my other blog that I started, click HERE. Pretty much I caved into the relaxer and ended up RIGHT back where I started. But I have recently done yet another #bigchop, this time for the right reasons.

big chop comparison hair growth
big chop short natural hair

 Now

Needless to say I am starting my natural hair journey once again and pretty much a whole new life as a new university grad thrown into the "real world" of being an adult. Except this time I put a LOT of thought into it, bothering everyone and they mama (including my mama big time) about my hair decision. My boyfriend constantly teases me about me coming out of the washroom saying "look mommy, a curl! Look! Look!" LOL. Anyways, can't knock a girl for being excited about her 'new' natural hair right?

I want to become a healthier person, more exercise, better eating, and ultimately long, curly hair! Thus, I've started this blog to document my journey right and help others like me; anyone with 3B/3C/4A hair or anyone who is natural. I typically found it hard to go on youtube or blogs and find girls with my hair combo because most of the videos are for girls with nice ringletty hair (lightskin girls with 3B hair) or the die-hard naturalistas with the 4A+ hair where it is much kinkier than mine. I go through trials and tribulations all the time trying to find the right product mix, the right style and all of that good stuff. Oh, did I mention I'm Canadian? Most of these youtubers are either from the US or UK and few from Canada. If they are, they are from Toronto..

TORONTO (yes, the home of Drake & Rob Ford)

Drake smile toronto
rob ford toronto


I praise those lovely ladies for paving a way.

I'll try not to make this post THAT long but I love to write and this intro I feel like I need to share my whole world lol. Just a couple more points I promise!

  • Last relaxer: September 2013
  • Transitioning period: 9mos (September 2013-June 2014)
  • Hair type: 3C/4A
  • Hair goal: Long, luscious curly hair
  • Fitness goal: Thick legs, big booty, flat abs (not asking for much right? I thought so)
  • I love IT.. I studied Business Tech Management at school and I'm a bit of a nerd
  • I love to help people, thus with this blog I hope to do just that!
K peeps, I'll leave it at that for now but stay tuned for a LOT more posts, youtube videos and shtuff.

TA TA FOR NOW!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Outlook — Curls, Skincare and Wellness

I thought I'd create a post since reviving my blog (instead of the very old 2015 post I had chilling as my "featured post" lol. So here I am, creating a post to get the ball going and hopefully get some accountability going! For the last year I stuck to journaling and keeping most of my thoughts to myself (or with close family and friends), however I really wanted to take the leap of getting back into blogging and vlogging! I'm super excited and hope you'll rock with me. Here's the content lineup: Curly Hair (because of course, it's consumed my life for the last 7 years 🤫) Skincare (because a girl still has dry skin and acne, and I doubt that will go anywhere 😂) Wellness (because I've always been the "athletic girl" and overall health is SO IMPORTANT) If you're here for all of that, then stick around and stay posted for more :)

Review: Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm

Great colour, matte, but doesn't stay.

Gym Routine in a Corporate World

Since I've entered the "corporate world" it's been pretty hard to stay active. Going from retail to a 9-5 really gets you! I got "fat" and now I'm trying to get back... Ok, I'm not fat. But I definitely gained some more of it! I thought my birth control made me fat, and maybe it added to the weight gain, but I can't blame it all on it. When working retail I was always on my feet, moving around, lifting boxes, etc etc. Now, I sit down 80% of the day so if I'm not getting a workout during work, I need to get up and do something. I used to sit around in the lunchroom, watch TV, but I made a pact with myself (lol) to go to the gym each day on lunch! I wasn't sure if I could pull it off, but I've been consistent since and I plan on continuing! Check out my fitness body composition where I started off before going daily!