Skip to main content

MyLoux Site Review

So MyLoux reached out to me to check out their site and I was really impressed! The site looks very clean, easy to use and I love the easy drop-down menu at the top so it's easy to find hair care products that you're looking for. Let's dig a little deeper!

MyLoux Site (@NattyCurls)

Web Experience:

So like I said, with the easy to navigate menu with drop-downs like "cleanse", "condition" and so on, you could easily find what you're looking for. And each category has a "hair type" so you can narrow it down even more, or more of a suggestion if you don't know what products are good for your hair. Last category on the menu is "Brand" so if you want to check out their selection like that, or have a favourite, you can. Only category that would have been nice to see: ACCESSORIES. I'd also like a FAQ page, but they do have a customer service link at the bottom of their site and seem easily accessible for any questions.

MyLoux Mobile Site (@NattyCurls)


The site looks even looks good on your phone (I looked it up on my iPhone at first) which is cool because, who wants to pull out their laptop to shop when you always have your phone in your hand anyways? Very visible search bar and even if you don't see what you're looking for, their home page has a link to contact them for requests. Each product looks good, easy to find ingredients which is essential for the well-versed naturalista who wants to know what's actually going in her hair. Education is key!

Overall, I like the site and a lot better than most hair product sites I've seen.

Account Features

I didn't create an account at first, but at the checkout it asked and it was pretty simple, so why not. When at the checkout, you can either sign in or sign up and creating the account took all of one minute. I would however suggest creating an account first hand, just to avoid any issues while in the checkout page. After checking out, I was able to go back and see my order, status, download the invoice if I wanted to; very intuitive. It even had an option to "reorder" (given I'd want to order the same things).

Shipping + Customer Services

As advertised on Instagram, it's only $15 for a flat rate shipping fee in Canada (better than other US companies like **cough cough** Miss Jessies **cough cough** that charge 2x the amount of the products just to ship!). As soon as the order was placed, I received a confirmation email and not too long after that, my shipping/tracking email. Products took about a week to arrive, but it looked so pretty when it did! Cute crinkle paper and a thank-you card.

MyLoux Unboxing (@NattyCurls)


To add to everything, customer service was great throughout the whole buying experience. I give MyLoux a thumbs up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Outlook — Curls, Skincare and Wellness

I thought I'd create a post since reviving my blog (instead of the very old 2015 post I had chilling as my "featured post" lol. So here I am, creating a post to get the ball going and hopefully get some accountability going! For the last year I stuck to journaling and keeping most of my thoughts to myself (or with close family and friends), however I really wanted to take the leap of getting back into blogging and vlogging! I'm super excited and hope you'll rock with me. Here's the content lineup: Curly Hair (because of course, it's consumed my life for the last 7 years 🤫) Skincare (because a girl still has dry skin and acne, and I doubt that will go anywhere 😂) Wellness (because I've always been the "athletic girl" and overall health is SO IMPORTANT) If you're here for all of that, then stick around and stay posted for more :)

Dear Vitamins, PLEASE HELP MY ACNE

Okay okay, so I took one of my many strolls into Shoppers Drugmart because, it's like my favourite store. Only because I could totally spend like a gajillion minutes reading labels. I could spend my WHOLE lunch hour in these aisles: Makeup, Lotions/Creams & Vitamins. Before going on my vitamin escapade, I read up on some sites and blogs regarding vitamins that were beneficial for battling acne. In my previous post, I tried to lookup Vitamins to Heal Acne  but only got so far as Vitamin A and Omega 3. Vitamin A I see everywhere and is pretty much the "go to" vitamin for face creams other than Vitamin E and Vitamin C. However I have read to be weary on going over the recommended dosage for Vitamin A and it totally made this girl's butt bleed . I haven't gone to a Dermatologist yet although I plan to, however it seems like Vitamin A cream is what's being prescribed. I'm trying to go for more of a holistic approach like XOJane  instead of medications. 

Cloré Haul: Marley Hair, SheaMoisture & More

Went to Cloré to gather some hair products, since you know, that's practically the only store in Toronto that caters to ethnic hair. Needed some weavage, a Cowash, and moisturizers for both my transitioning mother and I. It's always nice to educate someone on taking care of their natural/transitioning hair and letting them know it's not that bad or hard once you get the hang of it!