Skip to main content

Cloré Haul: Marley Hair, SheaMoisture & More

Went to Cloré to gather some hair products, since you know, that's practically the only store in Toronto that caters to ethnic hair. Needed some weavage, a Cowash, and moisturizers for both my transitioning mother and I. It's always nice to educate someone on taking care of their natural/transitioning hair and letting them know it's not that bad or hard once you get the hang of it!


[Side note: My mom is pretty much on the brink of becoming natural and is at that transitioning stage where she has a few relaxed strands that she's hanging onto for "length". However she is starting to do what I did by grabbing scissors and trimming here and there. I have faith she'll come around soon. Check here for post on her beginning stage of her journey.]

Products purchased:
- SheaMoisture JBCO/ACV Moisturizer $15.49
SheaMoisture JBCO/ACV Shampoo $14.99
Aphogee 2-Step Protein Trial $2.49
Cuban Twist 2-Strand (12", 1B) $4.99 on sale per pack

Personally, I just really love SheaMoisture and stand by their products which is why I just had to try their JBCO (Jamaican Black Castor Oil)/ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) line. I generally already use those 2 products in my hair already, so to know SheaMoisture has infused them along with their Shea butter, is music to my ears and a must-try in my books. Aphogee I tried before (their Keratin Reconstructor) on my "first hair journey" so I'll give them another shot considering I hear good YouTube things. Cuban Twist has been getting good ratings as the Crochet Braid phenomenon continues to climb! It's considered a good Marley hair and good for type 4 hair as it's close in texture. Plus it was on sale, so why not. Until the next haul... 

[originally written a couple months ago.. still last haul though =P so an update it below]

Unfortunately the SheaMoisture JBCO line isn't my favourite =( I don't like the smell of the hair lotion, and the shampoo is light, even too light for my boyfriend with dreads! I think I'll just stick to my Coconut & Hibiscus pink-labeled line. However, my 'now natural' mother does like it and she has a much thicker hair texture. So it all depends I suppose!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Outlook — Curls, Skincare and Wellness

I thought I'd create a post since reviving my blog (instead of the very old 2015 post I had chilling as my "featured post" lol. So here I am, creating a post to get the ball going and hopefully get some accountability going! For the last year I stuck to journaling and keeping most of my thoughts to myself (or with close family and friends), however I really wanted to take the leap of getting back into blogging and vlogging! I'm super excited and hope you'll rock with me. Here's the content lineup: Curly Hair (because of course, it's consumed my life for the last 7 years 🤫) Skincare (because a girl still has dry skin and acne, and I doubt that will go anywhere 😂) Wellness (because I've always been the "athletic girl" and overall health is SO IMPORTANT) If you're here for all of that, then stick around and stay posted for more :)

Dear Vitamins, PLEASE HELP MY ACNE

Okay okay, so I took one of my many strolls into Shoppers Drugmart because, it's like my favourite store. Only because I could totally spend like a gajillion minutes reading labels. I could spend my WHOLE lunch hour in these aisles: Makeup, Lotions/Creams & Vitamins. Before going on my vitamin escapade, I read up on some sites and blogs regarding vitamins that were beneficial for battling acne. In my previous post, I tried to lookup Vitamins to Heal Acne  but only got so far as Vitamin A and Omega 3. Vitamin A I see everywhere and is pretty much the "go to" vitamin for face creams other than Vitamin E and Vitamin C. However I have read to be weary on going over the recommended dosage for Vitamin A and it totally made this girl's butt bleed . I haven't gone to a Dermatologist yet although I plan to, however it seems like Vitamin A cream is what's being prescribed. I'm trying to go for more of a holistic approach like XOJane  instead of medications.