Skip to main content

DIY - Organic Homemade Toner

So for quite some while I've been battling with acne. No, my face isn't horrible but the few that linger on my face are pesky so I decided to go organic and I think it's working!


On my natural hair journey I've been actually starting to read labels of the products I buy and amazed and how many ingredients I don't understand. So it am much more savvy when reading hair products, but when it came to my face I never bothered. You wouldn't believe how many chemicals are in those face creams/serums/lotions and the worse, acne products. 

I have combination skin with my dry spots being around my nose but my trouble spot is definitely my cheek, and more specific my RIGHT cheek if that makes any sense lol. So I've been trying different things and was put off with my last organic attempt with an Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) toner but it lingered on my skin and I smelt it when I worked out, like it was steaming off me lol. I soon realized I shouldn't have put so much ACV vs water, and maybe not the artificial Aloe Vera Gel either! 

But I did more research and found a simple toner "recipe" that called for purified water, ACV (only 2 tablespoons this time), then any essential oils of your preference depending on your skin type.  I used a combination of Geranium (for acne prone skin), Neroli (reduces scars), Vanilla (softens) & Lavendar (soothes). I used it only twice so far in the morning after washing my face, and what excites me was my mom asking:

 "Did you put powder on your face? Your skin is glowing"

Excited I told her I've only been using my regular makeup routine (you can see my YouTube vid here). So she saw a difference and I can't wait to see more results!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Outlook — Curls, Skincare and Wellness

I thought I'd create a post since reviving my blog (instead of the very old 2015 post I had chilling as my "featured post" lol. So here I am, creating a post to get the ball going and hopefully get some accountability going! For the last year I stuck to journaling and keeping most of my thoughts to myself (or with close family and friends), however I really wanted to take the leap of getting back into blogging and vlogging! I'm super excited and hope you'll rock with me. Here's the content lineup: Curly Hair (because of course, it's consumed my life for the last 7 years 🤫) Skincare (because a girl still has dry skin and acne, and I doubt that will go anywhere 😂) Wellness (because I've always been the "athletic girl" and overall health is SO IMPORTANT) If you're here for all of that, then stick around and stay posted for more :)

Review: Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm

Great colour, matte, but doesn't stay.

Gym Routine in a Corporate World

Since I've entered the "corporate world" it's been pretty hard to stay active. Going from retail to a 9-5 really gets you! I got "fat" and now I'm trying to get back... Ok, I'm not fat. But I definitely gained some more of it! I thought my birth control made me fat, and maybe it added to the weight gain, but I can't blame it all on it. When working retail I was always on my feet, moving around, lifting boxes, etc etc. Now, I sit down 80% of the day so if I'm not getting a workout during work, I need to get up and do something. I used to sit around in the lunchroom, watch TV, but I made a pact with myself (lol) to go to the gym each day on lunch! I wasn't sure if I could pull it off, but I've been consistent since and I plan on continuing! Check out my fitness body composition where I started off before going daily!