Skip to main content

Facial Sauna & ACV Toner



I have really been wanting a facial sauna for quite some time now. I often have trouble with random pop ups of pimples on my face. All throughout being a child my mom said "you're getting pimples because of pop/chips/chocolate" etc. Although that may be VERY true, I have surely cut down in my recent years and I still get the odd pimple. Most of the time I'll get it on my cheek (right cheek specifically lol, odd I know), then around and on my nose. I have done my efforts of going from washing in the morning to now using a facial scrubber (Olay Fresh that vibrates and you don't have to change the attachment.. I love it) and also taking a baby wipe to my fave before bed. Although I don't wear THAT much makeup (I stopped wearing foundation and now just rely on a touch-up concealer and my trusty bronzer), I heard leaving makeup on your face before bed is a good culprit of acne.

While looking at what to spend my RBC Points on, I stumbled across this little Revlon Facial Sauna. It's pink, and cute and got some good reviews on Amazon so I ordered it. Free and worth the try! 

Pros:
- Small & compact 
- Easy on/off button
- Not hot enough to burn your face 
- Has a handy nasal attachment 

Cons:
- Have to wait about 5min for it to heat up (see steam) ... I accidentally forgot about it and while it remained on, it dried up all the water and was running hot
- When you breathe, the steam hits your face harder/hotter ... But I kinda liked this since I could control it

 I plan to put some Mint or Thyme (herbs, not oils) in the water, although it advises you not to add anything but water, as those herbs should help with acne. The water alone did it's job though. 

apple cider vinegar face steam
The sauna suggested to put on either a masque, astringent or moisturizer afterwards. So after my face was warm and moist, especially my lips, I grabbed a cotton pad and dabbed some Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) on it. I was hesitant to put it on my face because of the strong smell, but I heard so many good reviews I thought I'd give it a shot. Instantly my skin tightened and I felt the tingly sensation around my "trouble spots" (around the sides of my nose and the crease in my chin). The smell of the ACV didn't bother me once on my face, but I don't know if that's because it was balancing the pH of my skin (which is a benefit of ACV). Being the first time doing it, I feel it helped my skin and diminished the look of my blemishes. Now I know that's a big claim, but this is just my thought on the experience. I'll have to review again after I use it some more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Outlook — Curls, Skincare and Wellness

I thought I'd create a post since reviving my blog (instead of the very old 2015 post I had chilling as my "featured post" lol. So here I am, creating a post to get the ball going and hopefully get some accountability going! For the last year I stuck to journaling and keeping most of my thoughts to myself (or with close family and friends), however I really wanted to take the leap of getting back into blogging and vlogging! I'm super excited and hope you'll rock with me. Here's the content lineup: Curly Hair (because of course, it's consumed my life for the last 7 years 🤫) Skincare (because a girl still has dry skin and acne, and I doubt that will go anywhere 😂) Wellness (because I've always been the "athletic girl" and overall health is SO IMPORTANT) If you're here for all of that, then stick around and stay posted for more :)

Review: Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm

Great colour, matte, but doesn't stay.

Gym Routine in a Corporate World

Since I've entered the "corporate world" it's been pretty hard to stay active. Going from retail to a 9-5 really gets you! I got "fat" and now I'm trying to get back... Ok, I'm not fat. But I definitely gained some more of it! I thought my birth control made me fat, and maybe it added to the weight gain, but I can't blame it all on it. When working retail I was always on my feet, moving around, lifting boxes, etc etc. Now, I sit down 80% of the day so if I'm not getting a workout during work, I need to get up and do something. I used to sit around in the lunchroom, watch TV, but I made a pact with myself (lol) to go to the gym each day on lunch! I wasn't sure if I could pull it off, but I've been consistent since and I plan on continuing! Check out my fitness body composition where I started off before going daily!